Simple Steps to Perfecting a Smoky Eye
Health and Beauty Nov 06, 2017
The classic smoky eye can be a bore! We love the different twists you can add to this much-loved eye make-up.
We have found a quick and easy way to achieve this effortless look… a winner with any outfit or outing!
Before we start creating the perfect look, remember to choose a grey pencil rather than a black one to line and smudge lash lines.
Oh and don’t worry about where you will get your make-up supplies. Simply visit Red Square at Rosebank Mall for with international and national branded cosmetics.
Now here are some quick and easy tips you can try for the perfect smoky eye this summer!
1. Firstly, use a medium-size round brush to apply charcoal grey powder in an arch shape, just above the crease of the eyelid. Then go on and blend down to the lash line.
2. Trace the upper lash line with a soft black pencil, then gently smudge with your fingertip.
3. With a smaller brush with a firm bristle, press a gunmetal shade into the lower lash line.
4. Apply a pale silver powder to the inner corners of the eyes to lighten the overall effect.
5. Pile on mascara and viola!!
For a neater look, remember to clean up the excess shadow. Simply dip a cotton bud in concealer and skim it gently over the skin. The concealer does a great job picking up shadow without smudging.
And for a fun, summer twist, try applying a pale violet shadow on the eyelids, then blending a dark plum shadow into the creases.
Rim lower lashes with black liner and top with a layer of lilac shadow applied with a wet brush and there you have a gorgeous finish to your smoky eyes!